Our goal is to create homes that are as beautiful to look at as they are comfortable to live in. [...]
Basements are a great advantage for homeowners seeking to expand their living space. Basement renovations in Georgetown and Milton can transform your below-grade and underused space into a lovely family room, recreation room, or extra bedrooms. However, renovating a basement requires thoughtful planning and preparation.
The basement of a home makes up for about one third of the available space, which is the equivalent of another story. Most basements are not even finished while some have been turned into some type of working area or storage space. Whether you want to give your basement a total facelift or to finish it into an appealing room, our Certified basement renovation contractors will help you attain your objectives with professionalism and excellent customer service.
Benefits of a Finished Basement
You can do anything with your basement as long as you do it right. You can convert your unfinished basement into a loving family room or you can turn it into a multifunctional space with workout area, media room, and a studio or workshop. There are many benefits to basement conversion:
- Unlike home additions, a finished basement does not involve a new structural load
- You have easy access to all the utilities, including gas, electricity, sewage, and water
- If properly insulated, the basement entails minimum heating and cooling costs
- You don’t need to build a new access way since you already have stairs leading to the basement
Challenges of Basement Renovations in Milton and Georgetown
Renovating a basement does come with its challenges. Basements are not exactly a typical living space. However, with our Certified contractors, the difficulties of basement renovations can be easily overcome:
- Basements are prone to water and moisture, which means you need to carefully choose the materials and technologies used in this space
- The access of natural light is limited, which makes lighting a tricky task
- Overhead pipes and ductwork can make basement renovations even more challenging
- Including a bathroom may be another challenge if you didn’t plan it from the beginning of your renovation