XactREMODEL estimating software calculates the right price, not too much, or worse, too little!
We’ve all heard the horror stories, contractors taking hefty deposits from homeowners only never to be heard from or seen again. Projects coming to a startling halt, leaving families with an unfinished job that looks more like a construction zone than a home.
It’s no surprise that homeowners are becoming more and more cautious when it comes time to renovate and choose a contractor for the job. A heavily saturated market of general contractors in the GTA surely doesn’t help in narrowing down the selections. Planning a renovation should be a time of excitement when home owners can envision their home in a new, promising light. But with the piling renovation horror stories in the media, homeowners are left with feelings of distrust and uneasiness when it comes time to renovate.
So how can you, as a homeowner, restore your peace of mind? After all, that’s what it’s about – being confident that you have chosen a trustworthy contractor to turn your vision into a reality. Check out and share some of the tips we’ve put together that will help put your peace of mind at the forefront of your next renovation:
• Look out for company vehicles without signage or logos on them.
• Pay attention to the finer details. Is there a company logo on work clothes/uniforms?
• Ensure a list of credible references is available.
• Pay attention to the pricing! Prices that are unusually low relative to other quotes may not necessarily be a good thing.
• Does the contractor have professional sales and marketing literature?
• Ask questions! Be wary if the contractor is unwilling to give any information.
Click here to learn more about how using a Certified Renovantage™ Contractor can offer unmatched security and peace of mind.